This abandoned school was constructed in 1902, and was Bessemer's first high school. It was apparently closed down in the mid '80s, and abandoned not long after that. Since its abandonment, it has been thoroughly vandalized, most of the copper has been stolen, and much of the wooden floors are rotted through.
KKK Rally in the gym.
Old ovens in the lunch room.
October 18, 1977.
This work by http://augustusurbex.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.